Sunday, March 6, 2022

Wine Tasting- Barboursville Vineyards "Cabernet Sauvignon"

Name: Barboursville Vineyards

Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon

Region: Charlottesville

Country: Virginia 

Year: 2020

Price: $15


Winery Review: "Silky, not too heavy, balanced tannins, a real pleasure to drink. 3.5Very drinkable. Fruit forward. Low tannin and acid." (April 2020)

Wine Folly: The rich flavor and high tannin content in Cabernet Sauvignon make it a perfect partner to rich grilled meats, peppery sauces, and dishes with high flavor.


My Review: I really enjoyed this wine, it was dry and rich but not over the top. I tasted the dark sweet blackberry taste as well as some smoky tobacco flavors. It felt velvety going down and left a dry taste in my mouth afterwards. I would drink this with a steak dinner but not on its own. I drank this with my family and we had steak, potatoes, and Brussel sprouts with it. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Tasting--Prophecy Pinot Grigio

Name: Prophecy Pinot Grigio Variety:  Pinot Grigio, Pinot Gris Region:    Veneto Country:  Italy Year:  2020 Price:  $12.99 Winery Review:  ...